Monday, July 20, 2009

I wish I could cook.

To be able to cook is a frightfully useful thing... some people just come to it naturally, and then there are people like me who have difficulty not burning water. I love to bake things... I am still trying to master the art of cookies, but I can make a mean snickerdoodle. I can make macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, ravioli, salad, pizza, gravy, but my specialty is chex mix. Its a pity we only make it around Christmastime...
I really want to be able to master the kitchen without calling the fire department... I want to have dinner waiting for my husband (whenever i get one) when he comes home tired from work... I dont want to be the next Julia Child, but I think the time has come to have some creativity and fearless imagination in the kitchen... and yes, please have 911 on standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment