Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And the Winner Is...


I've been trying to make my decision over whether to stay a music major or switch to photography whenever i transfer. Music is more impacted and much more competitive.. i dont do well with the personal drama that goes with it.. and after i got the degree wouldnt want a career in it anyways. i enjoy singing.. and would LOVE to perform in some productions.. but teaching.. piano playing.,. directing.. just not my thing.
I dont want to disappoint people by making the switch, but I'm coming to realize that this is my life and i have to be the one to take charge of it.
I WANT TO TAKE PICTURES.
That is the one thing that excites me as much as a good piece of music.. it is the one thing that i will bend over backwards to do for people because i always enjoy it. A music performance is a 50/50 chance of coming out alright and being enjoyable. A good shoot with some photogenic people is always satisfying.. you work your own hours.. you take your own jobs.. and youre considered classy. Not a beggar.
I dont see myself on the stage.. i dont see myself with a choir.. i dont see myself with a classroom full of troubled kids. I see myself taking jobs.. taking photographs.. working one on one with people.. editing pictures into the wee hours of the night.. getting prints and making MORE money than a musician with less effort and much MUCH more comfortably.
I think I've just sold myself...
Photography it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment